It all started with a fever of 101 to 102 and a dry barking cough on Friday night. I don't know how any of you feel but I feel completely helpless when Jack doesn't feel good. I'm the mom, I am supposed to make it all better but I can't for some reason. How did my mom do it? Well come to find out she felt the same way so I feel much better. Saturday, the fever was not going down at all... at 5 pm we decided to take him to the insta care. I am sure glad we did. They told us all about Croup and gave us pamphlets. Croup, for those of you who don't know, is basically swelling of the voice box and throat. Kids already have small throats so that is why they have the "barking" cough. To push air through. They ended up giving jack a steroid and Sunday morning his fever broke. THANK HEAVENS! Now we are just trying to get his throat to "de-swell", ibuprofen and the cool mist humidifier have been our best friend.
This was more like an educational post. I am sure most of you mom's knew all this but I didn't so... there you go. Oh and I am almost in my 3rd trimester... I'm in the home stretch!!! So excited to meet baby GIRL Hamilton!
No comments:
Post a Comment