
Okay so it took me over a month and a lot of tears, baths, Clorox, and carpet cleaner but I think we are finally there! It has been 3 days now with absolutely ZERO accidents. You want to know my secret? Well... It isn't my secret. My sister-in-law taught me all of this so I can't take credit.
I tried everything at first. Letting him walk around all day, naked. This worked at first, then he just started getting lazy and going all over the house. I used the cooling pull-ups and those worked most of the time but he still had accidents. So here is the brilliant secret.... candy, stickers, and jumping around like a crazy person! I bought a potty chart with stickers (Harmon's) and candy corn. Every single time Jack would go potty in the toilet I would , in an ultra excited voice, say, LETS GO GET A STICKER!!! He would get so excited, put a sticker on the chart and then I would give him a treat. Then we would jump around saying,"potty, potty, Jack went POTTY!"
I am sure I will get an accident sometime, who am I kidding, I still have accidents! I am just hoping he will do good for my sister-in-law while we are in Hawaii. She is pretty much a pro so I am not too worried. Good luck to anyone who is potty training! I hope it is easier for you than it was for me.
1 comment:
You are brave! A month, I was about to give up after day 1. But luckily it only took two days for us. But we did the screaming, and treats, and jumping around! :) Fun times that I do not look forward to! Congrats though!!!
Post a Comment