Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Two Kids???


Holy smokes, I really have 2 kids. What a crazy thing to say. Gwen is finally here! Here is the story on that...
I went for a checkup with my doctor and asked him how he felt about inducing labor and his response was, (lets do it next Tuesday). WHAT? I was so nervous and excited. So Tuesday rolls around. Chet and I were so ready and we had his mom lined up to watch Jack. I called labor and delivery to make sure we were still on for that morning and they said, "yep we will see you at 8:00". Wow, it was really happening! About 20 minutes later I get a call from labor and delivery saying..."sorry we have another Hamilton and we got you mixed up, we are not going to be able to get you in today, or Wednesday, but we have got you on the top of the list for Thursday." We were so disappointed as you can imagine. The next couple of days were the longest days ever! We somehow made it through and finally it was the day... They said Thursday, they can't tell me no! So I called them to make sure we were still okay and they said that they would call me back and let me know when to come in because it was busy that morning. Chet and I both said we wont take no for an answer, we were going into the hospital and having a baby! They ended up calling me back and PHEW!!! They told me to go ahead and come in. We got there, got hooked up and all ready to go and 13 hours later, baby Gwen was in my arms. What a relief that is to have your baby in your arms and know she is beautiful and completely healthy! She was 7 lbs and was 19 inches long. Jack absolutely adores her and she already has Chet wrapped around her finger. We love her so much and are so happy that she is a part of our family.
Gwen Hamilton
Me a few days before labor
Finally in the hospital!
Reading Harry Potter
Waiting and waiting....

Finally I am at a 10!
She's Here!
Me and my awesome doctor... Chris Hutchison
Something I forgot to mention, Chet an my doctor talked about Harry Potter the ENTIRE time I was pushing. I was literally laughing and pushing at the same time!
Just after birth
Grandma Gin and Gwen
Perfection!

6 comments:

Spencerandkirsty said...

Jory!! Gwen is so cute! I hope you are doing well.

Heather said...

She is beautiful! I'm so happy for you and your cute little family!

Nick & Danielle said...

She is beautiful!!!

Cass and Hailey Ross said...

Jory, Gwen is beautiful. Im so happy for you guys!!

Erica said...

She is beautiful Jory!!!! Miss you!

Carolyn said...

Jory you can come and hang out with us in Delta anytime! Congratulations on that cute new baby. We can't wait to see her again.